Document scanning has come a long way from its origins. It was once a workflow reserved almost exclusively for archiving images of key records. But with the rise of sophisticated data extraction tools, scanning a paper, book, piece of microfilm or other source has become a highly automated process, and one that can yield deep insights into the contents of each asset.
Accordingly, document scanning is now an advanced form of data processing, and not just a workflow for creating archives. To help you digitize your records and better understand what’s in them, Inception Technologies offers end-to-end workflow automation for your document-oriented processes, including document capture solutions that efficiently locate, validate and extract data points from files.
These solutions deliver wide-ranging benefits for your productivity and compliance, including but not limited to:
- Optical character recognition (OCR) that makes document text fully and easily searchable.
- Optical mark recognition (OMR) for quickly checking whether certain forms and radio buttons have been filled or activated.
- Electronic database lookups to find matches for queries and pull any additional details about them.
- Point-and-click functionality for rapidly reading and extracting OCR values when tagging or indexing documents
- Regular expressions (regex or regexp) for efficiently defining search patterns and performing key operations such as find-and-replace or wildcard matches that locate any characters, including white space.
- Barcode scanning for harvesting data that’s not contained directly in a document’s body or tables.
- Combinations of the above technologies and techniques for retrieving data from any portion of a scanned document.
- Workflow automation that contextualizes data extraction within a broader sequence of document capture, information management and data storage, which is completely integrated into your key systems of record, from your ERP to your accounting software.
- Reduced setup costs, increased data integration and better systematic reviews of records as a result of overall superior extraction tools.